St. David’s Church
1544 Grafton St.
Architect David Stirling designed the brick and sandstone church on Grafton Street, built 1868, to house the Grafton Street Methodist Church. When the United Church of Canada was created in 1925 by amalgamating Presbyterians, Methodists, and Congregationalists, the congregation of the Grafton Street Methodist Church joined with St. Andrew’s Presbyterian to form St. Andrew’s United Church. A congregation formed by Presbyterians in Halifax who did not want to join the United Church then purchased the building.